Bring Your Bible

I know that it has been a while and I am sorry about that. Graduating college and studying for my nursing exam has taken over my life, but that will not stop God from giving messages that need to be shared. Lately, I think that something that I have been seeing in my life is the issue with contentment and comfortability. Especially when it comes to our Christian lifestyle, we can all get into a routine that feels good for us but does nothing for our relationship with the Father. A lot of new things have happened to me over the past couple of weeks but I truly think that this is the most important thing because what happens in this world is temporary, eternity is forever. We have to live on earth like we are living in eternity. We have to be committed to the Lord and what I mean by this is doing things that benefit our faith. 

In Matthew 4:4 Jesus is talking with His disciples about what we ought to live off of, it should be every word that comes from the mouth of God. What I mean by this is we have to show up and be ready to eat from the word of God. When we go to church we have to bring our Bibles, pay attention to the sermon, and be active listeners to the word. We can become so complacent in our faith and I am proposing that we all make a change this week. You cannot just "feed your faith" once a week at church, we have to feed it every day to stay active and close to the Father. This is the reality that we have wake up to, myself included, be honest with yourself. When was the last time you had a prayer with the Lord? Is it daily? Do you give God the best moments of your day or do you only pray to Him when you need Him?

Make a change this week. Bring your Bible to church, have a quiet time with the Lord, or maybe even join a Bible study or Sunday School group. Even if you are currently active in your faith try to change something up, give more to the Lord, start a prayer journal, or whatever you need to grow closer to God. We cannot be bystanders to our faith, be proactive about your relationship with God. This is not meant to be a rant or to shame all of you because obviously I need to listen to my own advice. Think towards eternity. Bring your Bibles people, this is your sword to defend the attacks of the enemy (Ephesians 6), how are we supposed to to be on guard for the Lord when we cannot even defend ourselves in the first place? Read your Bible, spend time with God, have a relationship for yourself. Sustaining this relationship is the best decision you will ever make and I encourage all of you to not take this change lightly but to truly see that God is deserving of everything you have to offer Him.


May the peace and love of God be with you always,

Leah Carpenter



Comments

  1. This is great Leah! When I studing an upcoming lesson, when I get to stay for a sermon or just finding a lesson for the youth I always stop and pray for the lord open my mind and my heart to find the message he wants me to have, not the one I think I'm looking for! I will also carry my bible outside of my bag! What a great example for the kids and reminder for me to reflect in His word! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment