Pink is Not a Business

You hide behind a masque of pink.

We're here and present seeking love in the darkness

Yet, all you see is dollar signs and not the desperation for me to find belonging.


No woman wants to be given a man to fix their problems.

They want to know that the only man in their life that can fix anything is the Lord.

We are reminded constantly that the way the Lord made us is attached with conditions.

Your reputation precedes you, yet, the people who do not have said reputation suffer from you blunders.

Why do I need to be different and plunder myself when women love my joy and mendability.

I do not have to change myself in order to teach what you want me to.

What you want from me is sororities and numbers, I bring you closeness and truth. 


Why are you so attached to the idea of rules,

They only make you look like a fool for falling to the slave of money.

You cannot hide behind this facade forever.

One day they will see that Jesus is not a textbook, He is a love like no other. 

He is not fifteen dollars but instead fifteen thousand years of forever joy and happiness,

No one knows this because you cover up the feelings of hurt with needing to be joyful

How am I supposed to find joy when no one acknowledges my need for the Savior?

I am not here to be a part of a business I am here to find my salvation. 

Think about this the next time you put your foot down. 


 I wear green in protest. 

Although it is still joyful, it promotes the thought of growth.

I am a garden of new ideas and progressivism, you should try it sometime.

I feel included in my garden,

No certain size, color, or belief system is required in mine and, yet I am still loved by the Father,

Even when I do not go in order.

You do not practice what you preach because you are too focused on what could go wrong.

Ministry is seeking after the Lord, not a paycheck.

If Jesus wanted this ministry to survive He would, with or without selling and buying,

Nothing will ever be enough.


May the peace and love of God be with you always,

Leah Carpenter




Comments